In order to start a outbound telemarketing strategy for your landscaping business you should begin with creating a script that will work. It is almost always preferable to create your own script according to principals which work rather than using a canned script you obtain on the web. There are numerous reasons behind this among them:
- You appreciate your prospects and the requirements much better than another script creator ever will.
- A script made for your unique product or service is going to sound better than a general script which prospects could have listened to from other companies.
- You can have the script give you just the important information and fit your offering accurately.
Even though it is crucial that you use a script made just for you there are numerous tactics that can be used to increase conversions.
- Quick scripts are usually the most effective telesales scripts. The potential customer has to know why you are contacting them and why they should be interested within several second of getting on the phone.
- Get to the point promptly, do not go with the full sales pitch on a first call, keep with the essentials.
- Keep the aim of the call in mind when creating the script. If you are producing a lead or setting an appointment that should be the goal of the call. Don’t add anything that doesn’t need to be included, it will only annoy the potential client and your conversions will be affected.
This is the basic format you can follow:
Hi ____________, this is NAME calling from Landscaping Company. We’re currently providing landscaping services to several of your neighbors, our company is offering free quotes for home owners in the area. We offer full services such as…. and low cost affordable full service plans to homeowners.
Rebuttals to common questions:
- I understand you already have a service but we guarantee to beat any rate, and we offer additional services such as…
- I know its a little early to be thinking about landscaping, but we can give you a quote and lock in a much lower rate for the entire season than you’ll get if you wait until May.
That’s great, I just need to verify we have your information correct:
- I have your name as…
- and your address as…
- and your phone number…
- What is the best time for you on DAY?
Thanks for your time and just to confirm we’ll be stopping by on DAY/TIME to take a look at ____ and get you a quote on having some work done. Have a great day.
When you have a good finished script developed you shouldn’t be hesitant to try to make improvements. It can call for some changes based on the telemarketer’s feedback to get things running smoothly after the calls start to be made. You will also want to come up with answers to questions that prospects may ask during the call.